Friday 26 December 2008

HELLO WORLD!

Have you ever wondered why any normal person, let alone one who values his privacy to a point bordering on the neurotic, would want to publish a blog? Probably not: I dare say you have better use for your time. Well, I have pondered this at length - blame it on the interminable holiday digestions - and I have a few insights on the subject, that I will gladly share with you.

First, let's give up the pretence that we want to update our friends about what's happening to us. Chances are, the close ones are already informed. I don't know about your friends, but if one of mine learnt of my impending wedding through my blog, I'd never hear the end of it! As for the others, I confess I don't want so much to let them know what's happening to me, as to know what they've been up to themselves. With the secret hope that it's not quite as exciting as what I did...

In fact, friends are the last audience we want for that kind of venture. We have to face them again some day, so we need to avoid both embarassing truths and blatant lies. And then, I ask you, where's the fun in it? No, the truth is that we need to cast our net wider, and reach perfect strangers. Although any stranger will do really, let's not be too demanding; in fact, even a potential reader is enough to justify baring ourselves on the screen (metaphorically - this is not that kind of blog!). In short, what we want is to be PUBLISHED!

I admire you so much. I would have liked to have written a book, like you. To feel that I escaped from the multitude...

© sempĂ©

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Hello to you too!

Abraham Septimus said...

Wow! It's so nice when the world says hello back. Isn't it a great world after all?

Andrea said...

Sometimes the world is not so bad :)
Today was nice for example. Was lucky enoughto see a funny and pertinent theaterpiece about Victor Hugo and his mistress Juliette Drouet.

Abraham Septimus said...

Sounds nice. Love going to the theatre, and the subject of the play is quite fascinating. How fortunate was Victor Hugo to be the object of near-total devotion from such a woman!